What kind of church?
Oasis Christian Center- A Family Church is a Word of Faith church. We believe in the incorruptible Word of God. We believe that we must all be born again of the spirit. We believe in the ministry of Jesus Christ for today's life. The indwelling Spirit of God guides us and directs us. We believe in the baptism in the Holy Ghost. We believe that the evidence of being baptized into God's Spirit is speaking in tongues. We worship and praise God freely and with passion. God heals and delivers today as He has done in times past. God never changes.
At Oasis Family Church, church is more than a building, a place, or something we do on Sundays. Church is all about people having their lives radically changed through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
All of us deal with difficulties, hardships, and questions that are sometimes tough to handle. We know that Christ can make a difference in our families, our work, our children, our marriages, and in everything we do. Therefore we rely on God's word for help in dealing with every issue we face. When you visit Oasis, you will hear a simple message straight from God's Word that will meet you at the point of your everyday life.
Our priority begins with helping people grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ and then equipping them to share God's love through serving others. Our vision is 5-fold;
- To proclaim the good news of God in a simple, life-changing way.
- To bring restoration and reconciliation to those who are bruised.
- To train, equip, and help develop Christians to their full potential and ministry.
- To be a place of refuge and fellowship; to be a people filled with God’s unconditional love.
- To be a giving ministry with a world vision.
Proverbs 29:18, “Where there is no vision the people perish; but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.”
What should I expect when I visit?
1) At Oasis Family Church, you will receive a friendly welcome from people who sincerely care about you. We worship the Lord in a blended service with both hymns and praise music. You will hear a message from God's Word that is simple and easy for you and how we can apply God’s Word to our lives today.
2) Wonder what to wear? There is not a dress code at Oasis Family Church. We want you to feel comfortable as you visit with us. So whether you come casual or in your "Sunday best" - we would be honored to have you as our guest!
Do you have programs for my child?
We do! Look under our Ministries for your child's age group.
What do you believe?
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God and the revealed will of God. (2 Tim. 3:16, 2Pet. 1:21)
- Our God is one, but manifested in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. All are equal and eternal. Jesus Christ is the Son of God, the Word made flesh, and God manifest in the flesh. (Matt. 28:19, John 1:1, Heb. 1:2-3, 1 John 5:7)
- Man was created in the image of God. By voluntary transgression, sin entered into the world causing man’s separation from God, with his only hope of redemption in Jesus Christ. (Gen. 1:26, Rom. 5:12-17)
- Salvation is God’s free gift to man through the shed blood of Jesus Christ. Salvation is received by believing in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead, and confessing Jesus as your Lord. (John 3:3, Rom. 10:9-10, Eph. 2:8)
- Water baptism is a believer’s declaration to the world that he has died with Christ, and has been raised with Him to walk in newness of life. (Matt. 28:19, Rom 6:4, Col 2:12)
- The baptism of the Holy Spirit is a free gift from God, promised to every believer and received subsequent to the New Birth. This experience is accompanied by the evidence of speaking with other tongues as the Holy Spirit gives utterance. (Matt. 3:11, Acts 1:8,Acts 2:4, 38-39, Acts 19:1-6)
- Redemption through Jesus Christ frees man from the curse of sin, spiritual death, poverty, and sickness- and enables him to reign over, and independent of the circumstances of life. (Rom 5:17, Rom 8:2, 3 John 2)
- Jesus is coming again to gather His saints unto heaven. When He comes, the dead in Christ shall rise first; then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air. (Acts 1:11,l 1 Thess. 4:16-17, 2 Thess. 2:1)
- Following the tribulation, Jesus will return to the earth as King of kings and Lord of lords, and with His saints will rule and reign for one thousand years. After this period, there will be a new heaven and a new earth. (rev. 20:6, Rev. 21)
- The one who physically dies in his sins without Christ is hopelessly and eternally lost in the lake of fire and, therefore, has no further opportunity of hearing the Gospel or repenting. The lake of fire is literal. (Heb. 9:27, Rev. 19:20)